[Dovecot] Problem with mysql authentication

Jacek Osiecki joshua at hybrid.pl
Fri Nov 25 01:11:20 EET 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to set up dovecot-stable (http://www.dovecot.org/nightly/stable/dovecot-stable-20051124.tar.gz)

All seems to be prepared correctly, but... my dovecot can not access the
mysql database :(

Connection string goes like this (i tried changing the order of parameters,
that's why password is the first in the line):

connect = password=***** host=/var/lib/mysql/system/mysql.sock dbname=vmail user=vmail

But - in dovecot log I see:

dovecot: Nov 24 23:53:05 Error: auth(default): mysql: Connect failed to
vmail: Access denied for user 'vmail'@'localhost' (using password: TAK)

Same in mysql log:

051124 23:53:05     171 Connect     Access denied for user 'vmail'@'localhost' (using password: TAK)

All settings in connection string are 100% correct - I have pasted them from
dovecot-sql.conf to command-line mysql client and it worked, I have logged
in.

My copy of dovecot has been compiled recently, so all libraries are correct.
Mysql version is 5.0.15 - but I doubt it is the reason...

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Greetz,
--
Jacek Osiecki