[Dovecot] 1.0 alpha3 slower?

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Fri Oct 14 01:07:05 EEST 2005

Marc Perkel wrote:
> It seems to have slowed down just after Alpha 1. Alpha 2 seems to be
> where it started getting slow. Or at least it seemed that way.
>
> Daniel wrote:
>
>> I'm using it with Maildir and I'm sure its slower.
>>
>> On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 07:11 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
>>
>>> For what it's worth - it seems slower to me as well. Using mbox format.

Well, let's get methodical about this.  Since several are saying "yes, it's
slower", yet some are saying "no, it's faster", and (I'm sure) many more are not
saying anything.... let's try to track it down:

Which auth schemes are you each using?
Which mail storage format?
Is it local or remote store?
What level of updating dirtiness do you have set?

Anything else different you can think of?

Let's help Timo know where to focus.

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net