[Dovecot] ssl + dovecot + debian sid

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at debian.org
Sun Oct 16 15:39:18 EEST 2005

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005, Novák Áron wrote:

> 2005-10-16, v keltezéssel 13.13-kor Elimar Riesebieter ezt írta:
>> On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 the mental interface of
>> aaron at szentimre.hu told:
>
>>> routines:DLFCN_LOAD:could not load the shared library
>>> I regenerated my certs with mkcerts.sh, but it didn't solve the problem.
>>
>> See BUG#334180 in the Debian BTS.
> I solved the problem with downgrading the dovecot from the official,
> stable(sarge) debian repository.

that will take you all the way down to 0.99.14.  I recommend using the
version of 1.0alpha3 from testing instead until this gets sorted out.

Btw, this is the problem.  -2.0.1 was a non-maintainer upload to get
dovecot depending on openssl 0.9.8.  Apparently the openssl maintainer has
compiled 0.9.8 in such a way that the engines are plugins.  dovecots login
process chroots and the plugins are not available in the chroot so you get
that error message.

Most likely the fix will be to have openssl link everything in statically.
Then dovecot will magically start working again.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org>