[Dovecot] A Couple Of Issues (APOP Causes Auth SIGSEGV, Umask Setting Ineffective)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Oct 16 15:57:16 EEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 19:05 +0100, Sabahattin Gucukoglu wrote:

> Hi Timo,
>
> On 1 Oct 2005 at 14:02, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> spoke, thus:
>
> > On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 13:10 +0100, Sabahattin Gucukoglu wrote:
>
> [...]
> > > 2.  Umask setting gone strange.  I set it, per example comment, to
> > > "7077" rather than default of 0077 (just to be precise...).
> >
> > I think this is because 7077 is treated as decimal. Use 07077 so it gets
> > back to octal.
>
> I'm afraid this hasn't worked.  Newly created objects are now rwxrwx---.

What objects do you mean? I just tried with "umask = 07077" and all
directories seem to be created correctly with only user=rwx permissions.

Also there isn't really much point in changing the default 0077 to 07077
since Dovecot never tries to set the first 3 bits anyway.

Your APOP problem is now fixed in CVS though. The problem was just that
it didn't like the shadow passdb. I'll release alpha4 in a few days too.