[Dovecot] problem with thunderbird

Raymond Lillard rlillard at sonic.net
Wed Oct 19 01:33:09 EEST 2005

Alfonso Sparano wrote:
> Hi all, I've a problem with thunderbird 1.0.6/7/1.5 and dovecot pop3
>
> I've tried dovecot alpha 3 and  1.0 stable but neither one is capable of
> downloading mails.
>
> Nothing is written into the log.
>
> I've tried also to delete dovecot.index* and dovecot-uidlist into the
> Maildir directory.
>
> The cur directory contains more than 8100 messages (single files)
>
> Anyone has founded this problem?

No.  I administrate approximately a dozen mail systems with
various versions of Dovecot (99.14 - alpha3).  My users
use a both LookOut and T-bird.  All of these sites are
configured with imap and Maildirs.  I just looked at two
of my sloppiest users directories and they both have over
7000 files in cur.  These two clowns are on a machine with
v99.14.  This mail is being sent with T-bird v1.06

I don't know what the problem is, but if nothing is being
written into the logs, I bet it's not Dovecot.

Ray