[Dovecot] "passdb" userdb

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Thu Oct 20 17:05:35 EEST 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 01:42:24PM +0200, Thomas Hummel wrote:
> Hello Timo,
>
> How exactly would translate the "passdb" userdb example which is in
> the Wiki for SQL auth with LDAP auth, both in dovecot.conf and
> dovecot-ldap.conf ?

It seems this was called passdb in pre-alpha4 and now prefetch.

My understanding is that the userdb fields are supposed to be passed
as request extra-fields with a "userdb_" prefix (which is then
removed).

The question is how do you make the request return those extrafields
with this prefix, instead of their usual names
(uid,homeDirectory,,,uidNumber,gidNumber) ?

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau