[Dovecot] 1.0.alpha4 process creation wierdness

Mark Rosenstand mark at borkware.net
Sun Oct 23 09:11:12 EEST 2005

Hi list!

I'm a little confused. I have set "login_process_per_connection = yes"
and "login_processes_count = 1", and this is how my pstree looks when
nobody is connected:

    dovecot -,- dovecot-auth
             `- imap-login

However, when I connect with a client it looks like this:

    dovecot -,- dovecot-auth
             |- imap
             `- 2*[imap-login]

I would expect it to only have one imap-login running. Anyway, when I
disconnect the client, the imap process exits but imap-login keeps
running:

     dovecot -,- dovecot-auth
              `- 2*[imap-login]

This is when it gets really wierd. When I connect a client again, my
pstree looks like I would have expected it to on my first connect:

     dovecot -,- dovecot-auth
              |- imap
              `- imap-login

If I re-connect, we start over again (i.e. dovecot-auth, imap, 2 *
imap-login). Anybody got a clue what's going on? :-)

--
  .-.    Mark Rosenstand        (-.)
  oo|                           cc )