[Dovecot] dual auth with real users and virtual users

Alexander Shikoff minotaur at crete.org.ua
Mon Oct 24 18:10:48 EEST 2005

You should use one of dovecot 1.0-alphas to enable some auth. databases.
For example I'm using next auth section in 1.0-alpha3 for authentication
with five databases.

auth default {
        mechanisms = plain
        user = root
        passdb sql {
                args = /usr/local/dovecot/etc/sql/normal.conf
        }
        passdb sql {
                args = /usr/local/dovecot/etc/sql/normal-wo-domain.conf
        }
        passdb sql {
                args = /usr/local/dovecot/etc/sql/old-password.conf
        }
        passdb sql {
                args = /usr/local/dovecot/etc/sql/old-password-wo-domain.conf
        }
        passdb pam {
                args = pop3
        }
        userdb sql {
                args = /usr/local/dovecot/etc/sql/normal.conf
        }
        userdb sql {
                args = /usr/local/dovecot/etc/sql/normal-wo-domain.conf
        }
        userdb passwd {
        }
}