[Dovecot] Re: Alpha4 pre-release, please upgrade

Mark Plaksin happy at usg.edu
Mon Oct 24 18:49:37 EEST 2005

Mark Plaksin <happy at usg.edu> writes:

>> Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:

>>> "dovecot --exec-mail imap" reads the configuration file and executes the
>>> imap process. That's how it should be done. Although for some reason it
>>> doesn't seem to set MAIL environment right at least with me. Have to
>>> look at that..
>>
>> This doesn't work at all for me (I'm the tester :)  I get "PREAUTH" and the
>> CAPABILITY string and then it dies as soon as I hit enter (whether or not
>> I type an IMAP command).  The end of the 'truss -f' output is below.  It
>> can't seem to find its pipes or socks.
>
> FWIW, the same thing happens if I run 'rawlog imap'.  truss output looks
> the same.

Actually, the problem *only* occurs if rawlog is involved.  I just realized
that in my initial --exec-mail test I was using a config file that
specified the imap process as 'rawlog imap'.  If I remove rawlog from the
config file then --exec-mail works as expected.

I still can't get --exec-mail and rawlog to work together.