[Dovecot] .'s in folder names

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Oct 27 16:01:24 EEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 08:12 +1300, Craig Whitmore wrote:
> Hi there
>
> We are trying to move over from 1 IMAP server to another, but the
> problem is dovecot does not allow .'s in folder names (and we have
> quite a number of people who do have .'s in their folder names (ie
> "www.domain stuff")
>
> Is there anyway of allowing dovecot to allow .'s in folder names?

Change MAILDIR_FS_SEP and MAILDIR_FS_SEP_S in
src/lib-storage/index/maildir/maildir-storage.h to something else than
"." (eg. "^" might be rarely enough used).

After that it's no longer a "standard" Maildir++ though and you'll have
to keep patching Dovecot for each new version. I may make this
configurable from config file some day though.