[Dovecot] dovecot-lda cvs

Rene Luria operator at infomaniak.ch
Thu Oct 27 16:47:50 EEST 2005

I am using dovecot-lda from cvs (checked out on september the 21st) and
dovecot 1.0alpha2 (not yet upgraded ok).

I have a strange feeling about "redirect" feature.

Let's see two sieve scripts examples:
# ex1
require ["fileinto", "vacation"];
if header :is ["blabla"] "blabla" { fileinto "blabla"; }
redirect "user at domain.com";
keep;

# ex2
require ["fileinto", "vacation"];
redirect "user at domain.com";
keep;

In both cases, I redirect mail to an external address, keeping a copy.
(this would emulate redirect :copy "user at domain.com"; which is still not
implemented).

In first example I run a test on headers, but not on the second.

The effect is that in the second example, the forwarded mail is
"complete" (exactly the original one with routing header modified),
but in the first one, the forwared mail is completely messed up:
no Subject header, and so on.

This could be because as tests are run on the incoming mail, the working
in memory of the mail is changed, and then, forwarded. So when no tests
are run, the mail remains intact.

How can I deal with this ? Is there some nice hotfix that would prevent
a few (like 100'000) users to kill me ?

Best regards.

--
Rene Luria