[Dovecot] [info] Spamcop listing

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Thu Oct 27 19:06:42 EEST 2005

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Well, I tried to remove it from the dynamic block using the automatic
> interface, but it says "No acceptable MX records found for dovecot.org".
> I guess the first problem was that I was using smtp.dovecot.org and its
> PTR pointed to dovecot.org, but after changing that it's still failing.

Remember that you have to wait until the original record's TTL expires
before it will be active (their DNS cache still contains the old
information).

You've still got some odd stuff with your DNS, see

	http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=dovecot.org

for some details.  It appears that you have registered ns.dovecot.org as
your authoritative server (plus the two at procontrol.fi), but within
your DNS file you are claiming that dovecot.org is authoritative:

$ dig ns dovecot.org @TLD5.ULTRADNS.INFO

...snip...

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
dovecot.org.            86400   IN      NS      ns2.procontrol.fi.
dovecot.org.            86400   IN      NS      ns.procontrol.fi.
dovecot.org.            86400   IN      NS      ns.dovecot.org.

$ dig ns dovecot.org @ns.dovecot.org

...snip...

;; ANSWER SECTION:
dovecot.org.            259200  IN      NS      ns.procontrol.fi.
dovecot.org.            259200  IN      NS      ns2.procontrol.fi.
dovecot.org.            259200  IN      NS      dovecot.org.

You need to make sure that what you are reporting exactly what your
parent's are reporting (both in name and TTL).  Feel free to respond
offlist if this doesn't make any sense to you...

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group