[Dovecot] Dovecot Alpha 4

Tomi Hakala tomi.hakala at clinet.fi
Fri Oct 28 19:33:34 EEST 2005

Marcus Don wrote:
> How confident are you of the CVS? Any idea when the next (perhaps beta?)
> release will be?

I run CVS code most of the time, but only with handful of users and
with them it has been working OK. I wouldn't use CVS code in production
without thorough stress testing in a lab first.

>>Have you thought of clustered file system to go with your Dovecot
>>hosts and CLARiiON device?

> I'm not sure why this would benefit us at the moment. Before we switched to
> maildirs, the bottleneck we were experiencing at busy times was the ethernet
> speed, not the storage device speed.

> Is there another reason you suggested this?

No, I'm just not very fond of NFS myself but it seems that for you
it is doing job pretty well.

Your CLARiiON is a normal SAN device and you have some singe host
providing NFS?

It didn't quite open to me how your mail spool is set up, is it some
meta LUN distributed over two disk arrays or do you just have one huge
LUN and mirror it between two arrays?

--
Tomi Hakala