[Dovecot] errors after 1.0a3 -> 1.0a4

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Sat Oct 29 13:01:50 EEST 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 11:55 +0200, Jakob Hirsch wrote:
> >>Oct 22 00:03:02 ymmv dovecot: imap(nici): inotify_rm_watch() failed:
> >>Invalid argument
> > I've heard I've broken at least epoll. Maybe inotify went with it?
>
> It seems not that borken, as things work fine.

You wouldn't really notice if inotify didn't work, or did you
specifically test notifications in IDLE?

I don't really have time to look at this right now, the test is easy:
make a stupid maildir somewhere, run MAIL=... /path/to/imap and then
 A SELECT INBOX
 B IDLE

and now copy some mail files into your maildir's new/ folder. If you get
a message on the imap session, all is fine. If not, it's broken.

johannes