[Dovecot] Dovecot reports zero messages erroneously (JFS)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 29 13:57:19 EEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 23:00 -0700, Chris Spiegel wrote:
> On Friday 28 October 2005 05:27 am, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 09:36 -0700, Chris Spiegel wrote:
> > > On October 11, Mark Farmer reported a problem about not being able to see
> > > new mails.  I'm running into the same issue.  Even though cur/ and new/
> > > contain messages, Dovecot reports that there aren't any.
>
> JFS on Linux 2.6.13.  I'm just using the default mount options, so no noatime,
> if that would be an issue.

Thought so. I've heard before too that JFS doesn't update directory's
mtime when files are added/removed/renamed. Although some people say
that mtime is updated with their JFS. Maybe it's somehow configurable?
Anyway, that's the problem and I'd rather not add any kludgy workarounds
to Dovecot for it.