[Dovecot] Fatal: EOF reading environment from master

Marcathian Alexander macalexander at planning.gov.lc
Fri Sep 9 03:01:28 EEST 2005

Hello
On 7 sept 2005 I downloaded compiled and installed Dovecot v1.0.alpha1.
I get the following error when ever I try to start it using
fossil:/usr/local/libexec/dovecot # ./imap-login
Fatal: EOF while reading environment from master

The dovecot.err log has the following error:
dovecot: Sep 08 18:47:33 Info: Dovecot v1.0.alpha1 starting up
dovecot: Sep 08 18:47:33 Error: login: Missing protocol from server name 'imap'

I am not using xinetd to start it.  the Alpha version has not worked no
version of dove cot has worked since I first reported this problem.

I shall be gratefull for any solutions offered

Marcathian

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:04:28 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote

--
Marcathian Alexander
SDE Assistant