[Dovecot] Dovecot-alpha1 and Thunderbird Sent problems

Nicholas Young nich at sw.oz.au
Fri Sep 9 10:35:24 EEST 2005

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 03:00:45PM +1000, Nicholas Young wrote:
> I have dovecot 1.0alpha1 setup in a semi test environment running on
> Solaris 2.6.
>
> When using Thunderbird 1.0.6 from Windows occasionally the client will
> hang after sending a message and before copying it to the Sent folder on
> dovecot. Sendmail logs indicate that the message has been sent
> correctly.

Further research on the net indicates that this may be a problem with
Thunderbird caching upto 5 imap connections and then using one which is
closed. I am testing what happens with only 2 connections open on one
machine at the moment. Looking less and less likely as a dovecot
problem.

http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=5728

Other solutions indicate disabling the Sent folder closing Thunderbird
and then reenabling the folder stop it from happening again. YMMV

--
Nich