[Dovecot] Authenfication on 2 databases

Lorens dovecot.fdop at tagged.lorens.org
Fri Sep 9 15:44:25 EEST 2005

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 01:06:42PM +0200, LeeJaY wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 databases MySQL. I would like to do that:
>
> If the user does not existe in the first base, it goes in the second
> database.
>
> my configuration
>
> auth default {
>         mechanisms = plain
>         passdb sql {
>                 args = /etc/dovecot-sql-1.conf
>         }
>
>         passdb sql {
>                args = /etc/dovecot-sql-2.conf
>         }
>
>         userdb sql {
>                 args = /etc/dovecot-sql-1.conf
>         }
>
>         userdb sql {
>                args = /etc/dovecot-sql-2.conf
>         }
> }
>
> but it don't work

One could wish for more details . . . does the daemon start,
is the only passdb used the first one or is it that can nobody
log in, are there error messages in the logs . . . just for
starters.

> my version est 1.0.alpha1

On my 1.0 (logs "Dovecot v1.0-stable starting up")

auth default {
  mechanisms = plain
  passdb = sql /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
  passdb = sql /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql-crypt.conf
  userdb = sql /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
}

works as expected and desired.

> if you not understand this message, i am sorry, my english is bad

Mais tout à fait compréhensible :-)

HTH