[Dovecot] Dovecot Deliver Problem

OpenMacNews OpenMacNews at speakeasy.net
Tue Sep 13 10:01:49 EEST 2005

hi all,

> You need to setup new auth socket in dovecot.conf, I forgot to document
> this on first time.
>
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/moin.cgi/LDA#head-80d10da5bfd6056044c7e1bcf67ba4bd530
> 4c752

hi all,

i'm trying to get my Exim version 4.53 (snapshot)/ OSX 10.4.2 to route via a
pipe to Dovecot's cvs-lda.

to that end, in exim.conf, per the Dovecot wiki, i've:

	localuser:
	  driver              = accept
	  domains             = +local_domains
	  transport           = dovecot_lda

	dovecot_lda:
	  driver              = pipe
	  command             = /usr/local/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver \
	                        -c /var/Settings/Dovecot/dovecot-deliver.conf \
	                        -d $local_part@$domain
	  message_prefix      =
	  message_suffix      =
	  delivery_date_add
	  envelope_to_add
	  return_path_add
	  log_output
	  user                = mailuser

checking routing:

	%exim -bt testuser at mydomain.com
		testuser at mydomain.com
		  router = localuser, transport = dovecot_lda

looks ok.

an attempt at an actual delivery,

	% exim -v -odf testuser at mydomain.com
  test
  .

though, results in exim log reporting:

	2005-09-12 23:17:30 IMQS51-0004XL-6D <= root at mydomain.com U=root P=local S=305
from <root at mydomain.com> for testuser at mydomain.com
	2005-09-12 23:17:30 IMQS51-0004XL-6D == testuser at mydomain.com R=localuser
T=dovecot_lda defer (0): Child process of dovecot_lda transport returned 75
(could mean temporary error) from command:
/usr/local/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver

this in my syslog,

	Sep 12 23:17:30 server deliver:
net_connect(/var/Process/dovecot/auth-master.socket) failed: Connection refused

and nothing directly in my dovecot error log.

per _this_ thread, i've ensured in my dovecot.conf:

    socket listen {
        master { path        = /var/Process/dovecot/auth-master.socket
                 mode        = 666
        }
    }

and in dovecot-deliver.conf

	auth_socket_path             = /var/Process/dovecot/auth-master.socket

unlike Marc's earlier error of:

	failed: No such file or directory

i _am_ finding the socket, but i'm getting the:

	failed: Connection refused

permissions, perhaps?  i've _got_ the socket set to 777 w/ mailuser:mailuser
for testing ... to no avail.

any suggestions?

thx!

richard