[Dovecot] Forwarding Emails from <user>/Maildir/new

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Sep 18 19:23:15 EEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 02:01 -0700, Ashvin Meetoo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way of doing this? If I copy the content to another user
> mailbox, will it work? Chown? Change the headers?

With Dovecot it's enough to just copy the files there. chown might be
good, but even that's not needed as renameing/deleting the file is all
that is needed and directory's permissions are used for that.

But instead of "copying", make sure that it gets there in one piece so
that Dovecot doesn't see it only partially. So eg. copy it first into
tmp/ directory and then rename() (or mv) it to the new/ directory.