[Dovecot] v1.0.alpha2, virtual domain authentication

Jean-Marc Pigeon jmp at safe.ca
Fri Sep 23 16:10:15 EEST 2005

Bonjour a tous,

	In Dovecot v1.0.alpha2, authentication
	according domain seems not working

	passdb = passwd-file /etc/vmail/test.%d

	%d is not resolved as "domain.name"

	I browsed on mailing list post and found the
	problem already reported...
	What I can't figure out is the answer about it...

	> Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
	> Fri Jul 22 15:44:02 EEST 2005

	> > Trying this and it doesn't work:
	> >
	> >   passdb = passwd-file /etc/vmail/test.%d
	> >
	> > Apparently it doesn't expand the %d according to the log file.
	>
	> This has been asked enough now so I just implemented it in CVS. Could be
	> still optimized a bit, but I think it's fast enough.

	Could somebody on the list be kind enough to give me some
	light about this? (is code to do this already implemented
	(CVS) but not tested yet????)

	Thanks for your help.

A bientot
Jean-Marc Pigeon		      Internet:   Jean-Marc.Pigeon at safe.ca
SAFE Inc.		    	Phone: (514) 493-4280  Fax: (514) 493-1946
       REGULUS,  a real time accounting/billing package for ISP
           REGULUS' Home base <"http://www.regulus.safe.ca">