[Dovecot] New mailbox format

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Sep 24 01:44:37 EEST 2005

On 23.9.2005, at 23:46, Brian Bartholomew wrote:

>> I don't think PostgreSQL or MySQL had support for these kind of
>> clusters yet?
>
> I don't run mysql clusters myself, however:
>
> http://www.mysql.com/products/database/cluster

Doesn't look like it's usable for storing emails yet. From FAQ:

How much RAM do I need? Is it possible to use disk memory at all?

Currently, Cluster is in-memory only. This means that all table data
(including indexes) is stored in RAM. Therefore, if your data takes up
1 gigabyte of space and you wish to replicate it once in the cluster,
you need 2 gigabytes of memory to do so. This in addition to the memory
required by the operating system and any applications running on the
cluster computers.