[Dovecot] Misbehavior with Dovecot and Mulberry

Jon Roma roma at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 26 02:00:59 EEST 2005

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On 26.9.2005, at 01:36, Jon Roma wrote:
>
>> Sep 25 17:19:25 zippy dovecot: imap(roma): o_stream_sendv() -> EINVAL
>
> OK, so it must be writev() call that's failing.
>
> Have you HAVE_WRITEV and HAVE_STRUCT_IOVEC defined in config.h? If yes,
> try removing HAVE_WRITEV so Dovecot uses write() instead internally. Also
> if you compile and run this, what does it say:
>
># include <sys/uio.h>
># include <stdio.h>
>
> int main(void)
> {
>    struct iovec iov;
>    printf("%d %d %d\n", sizeof(iov), sizeof(iov.iov_base),
> sizeof(iov.iov_len));
>    return 0;
> }

Timo:

Your speed amazes me.  :-)

Both HAVE_WRITEV and HAVE_STRUCT_IOVEC are defined in config.h.  The
platform is AIX 5.1 -- forgot to mention that in my most recent post.

The compile/run of the test program yields the following results:

3243: cc -o test_writev test_writev.c
3244: ./test_writev
8 4 4

If this doesn't tell you anything, I'll manually disable those two
HAVE_ settings from config.h and rebuild/reinstall.

Thanks!