[Dovecot] virtual domain

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Sep 27 11:45:37 EEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 13:29 +0800, Barry Kwok wrote:
>   userdb static {
>     args = uid=503 gid=503 mail=mbox:/var/spool/virtual/%d/%n
>   }

Drop the "mail" part from here. You already have it in default_mail_env,
and it's correct there. Here you're saying that the .../%d/%n is the
mail directory, not file. If it refuses to start up without the mail=
part, replace it with home=/tmp instead.

> Why I need a IMAP folder in a POP3 only server

Dovecot is mostly an IMAP server, POP3 was just an afterthought.

> and can I change that folder to /tmp directory.

Yes, as long as nothing actually gets written there (and with
INDEX=MEMORY and POP3 nothing should get written there).