[Dovecot] imap processes remaing after dovecot shutdown

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Sat Apr 1 23:59:22 EEST 2006

Hello,

> but "-9" option is not a very healthy way of killing processes. I use
> "killall dovecot imap". But I agree that it should kill them all like it
> kills imap-auth etc.

that's a workaround, not a straight solution. Why does it work correctly
in apache? The Init V script of apache doesn't contain any "killall -9".
And at that, I cannot even use this workaround, because I have an
instance of dovecot for pop3 and one instance for imap because of
different ip-addresses and different authentication. A "killall -9
dovecot" would kill all dovecot processes, although I only want to
shutdown one instance.

Regards
Marten