[Dovecot] phantom new mail (mailboxes keep on being reported as having new mail)

Grobian grobian at gentoo.org
Sun Apr 2 19:22:50 EEST 2006

On 02-04-2006 20:16:06 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 08:03 +0200, Christoph Borsbach wrote:
> > I can also confirm this Problem with Dovecot1.0b3, Postfix, procmail and
> > maildir on a local filesystem (XFS) using Gentoo Linux. Clients are Thunderbird, mutt and
> > Apple Mail.
>
> What exactly does this mean with Thunderbird and Apple Mail? As far as I
> know they have no "there's no mail" announcements like mutt, but only
> show the number of mails in mailboxes?

In Thunderbird, a folder shows up in blue when there is new mail in it.
Then when you click it, new mail shows up as bold.  When this happens
with Thunderbird, the blue folder name just goes black again once you
click it and no new mail is in the folder.  Upon Thunderbird's next
automatic mail check, it makes the folder blue again because it thinks
new mail is in there, like Mutt says "new mail in =folder".

Hope that helps.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo for Mac OS X Project