[Dovecot] MySQL auth issues?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Apr 3 14:59:48 EEST 2006

Matthias Saou wrote :

> Since my last email about RHEL4 problems on x86_64, I've kept trying to
> figure out what the problem might be, and just ran into a reply to an old
> email I sent to the list, which I had missed. It suggests that the issue
> might be in the MySQL authentication that I'm using.
[...]

The issue was indeed in the MySQL authentication! But... it was basically
my fault.

Since the configure script does not properly work for some libs when
they're in "lib64" (instead of "lib" directories), I had added :

export CFLAGS="%{optflags} `mysql_config --libs` -fPIC"

To my spec file to work around the issue. I guess it's plain wrong since
dovecot consists of more than a single binary. My issues were probably the
result of some function name clash or something like that :-/

Please consider fixing at least MySQL detection for the next beta. The
"dovecot-1.0.beta2-lib64.patch" patch that fixes it can be found here :

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/dovecot/

Matthias

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) - Linux kernel 2.6.16-1.2080_FC5
Load : 0.50 0.33 0.32