[Dovecot] Dovecot road-map

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Apr 3 18:21:58 EEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 11:00 -0400, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
> > > I track dovecot m-list, and i wan't migrate to dovecot, but now dovecot
> > > has no maildir++ quota in public release(beta etc). Without quota support
> > > dovcot not a solution for me.
> > > Please if dovecot have a release plan, post to me.
> >
> > I'll release beta4 today which will have Maildir++ quota support. It's
> > not well tested yet, but if there are bugs they should be easy to fix
> > now. :)
>
> I have to agree that dovecot's inability to react to filesystem quotas
> is a major deficiency.  This feature should not rely on plug-ins,
> mailbox format, etc.  It should be built into the base code, IMHO.

If you mean Dovecot's inability to handle properly the write errors that
come from not having enough quota/disk space, then you're right. It
can't really even be implemented as a plugin. But it's just not simple
to implement, and since it can be worked around for now, there are more
important things that need to be done..