[Dovecot] Re: Courier to Dovecot Maildir conversion

Roger Weeks rjw at mcn.org
Mon Apr 3 20:13:48 EEST 2006

We went through a courier to dovecot conversion.

There are a couple of things that might be causing this problem.

1.  Dovecot namespaces
2.  Client configuration

Your namespaces might not be taking into account the fact that
courier prefixed all files and directories in the maildir with a dot
(.).

You can get around this a couple of ways.  We had almost no IMAP
clients under courier, so I renamed everything in our IMAP client
directories away from .files and .directories, and used a default
namespace without dots.

Also some clients like Apple Mail needed an IMAP prefix like INBOX.
to work with courier.  I had to remove those with the dovecot
namespace I set up.

--
Roger J. Weeks
Systems & Network Administrator