[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0beta4 and Disconnected Problem

Reuben Farrelly reuben-dovecot at reub.net
Tue Apr 4 04:37:26 EEST 2006

On 3/04/2006 6:14 p.m., Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Apr 3, 2006, at 8:39 AM, Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I upgraded from 1.0beta3 to 1.0beta4. I've major problems
>> now with my inbox (quite large, 900MB) and another large folder.
>> Thunderbird 1.5 connects and disconnects. I tried to delete the
>> indexes of dovecot and thunderbird without any sucess.
>>
>> Finally I downgraded to 1.0beta3 and it works well again (Beta3 was
>> running for a timeframe from when it came out and now without any
>> problems).
>
> Well, the first thing that comes to my mind is ssl-proxy-openssl.c
> rewrite. If you copy that file from beta3 to beta4 (src/login-common/)
> and reinstall, does it fix it?

Reverting that file to -beta3 fixes problems that I am seeing with Thunderbird
hanging when doing message transfers of any size, ie I can sync up a small
mailbox but when a mailbox with many items needs syncing, TB was hanging and
logging a message:

dovecot: imap(reuben): Disconnected

This was with TLS security.

Reuben