[Dovecot] preserving pop3 mail uids

adcx at server101.com adcx at server101.com
Thu Apr 6 03:57:05 EEST 2006

Enabling pop3_reuse_xuidl has gotten us somewhat closer to our goal,
but the output of uidl when running a manual pop session is still
different:

result when running dovecot against mbox file:

telnet server 110
user user1
pass pass1
uidl
1 44333a8500000001
2 44333a8500000002
3 44333a8500000003

After running mb2md conversion, and with pop3_reuse_xuidl enabled,
result when running dovecot against maildir:
telnet server 110
user user1
pass pass1
uidl
1 3
2 1
3 2

It's obvious it's keeping the value from the X-UIDL header, but rest is
lost, which results in the client sucking down all the emails again.

Thanks for your interest.