[Dovecot] [Fwd: Imap Timeouts]

Rob Frohne frohro at wwc.edu
Fri Apr 7 01:29:49 EEST 2006

Hi Timo,

I have been having the same problems.  From my experience, the problems
seem to originate when I try to run Thunderbird on on one machine when
it is already running on another machine.  If I always close Thunderbird
and only allow myself one open at any time, it doesn't seem to happen.
When it does happen, the only way I can find to get it to work again is
to quit all instances of Thunderbird, and, on the server, kill dovecot,
and then go to my Maildir directory and rm dovecot*, then restart
dovecot, then restart Thunderbird.  I don't think there are any network
or router issues, because I get the timeouts even when I run on the
server and use localhost as the server in Thunderbird.  The new beta5
has the same issues.  It takes some time (about 12 hours of normal email
use for me) to get into the situation where Thunderbird reports
timeouts, and I have to go do the above procedure.

Rob

--
Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.
E.F. Cross School of Engineering