[Dovecot] beta5: Solaris, IMAP, DOA

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Fri Apr 7 21:38:52 EEST 2006

Help...

Both beta4 and now beta5 die immediately at startup for me:

Apr  7 14:29:32 emerald dovecot: [ID 474997 mail.info] Dovecot v1.0.beta5 starting up
Apr  7 14:29:33 emerald dovecot: [ID 128275 mail.error] Auth process died too early - shutting down

My setup: Solaris 9, built with gcc 4.1.0, IMAP only, mbox format,
INBOXes NFS mounted, index and other mail folders local disk.  Beta3
continues to work great for me; imap-login for it notes "method=PLAIN, TLS"
in the syslogs.  There were no real changes in my dovecot.conf between beta3
and beta5.  What broke?  What to look for to fix this problem?

Jeff Earickson
Colby College