[Dovecot] auth problem with dovecot-1.0.beta5

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 01:13:43 EEST 2006

> "amckay" is not an IMAP command. Please note that the first token is
> usually a "command tag", ie. something that should be unique for every
> command client sends. Also note that you can't supply password with
> fancy characters as-is. See RFC 3501 for details on both issues.

OK, now I'm confused.  I'm looking for the wiki page I was following
but cannot find it now, but I was sure it said to do

LOGIN <username> <password>

And my password is just letters and numbers

Oh, here it is :

http://wiki.dovecot.org/TestInstallation#head-818ede1a60e8fb1900242b966b335bcbe8588a04

Ug, but in looking closer I see a 1 in front, and trying that it works!

So my problem must actually be with my (horde) webmail somewhere.

Thanks, and sorry for the stupid question ...

You may enjoy my website : http://www.bodensatz.com  :-)

--
"True Budo is done for the sake of building peace. Train every day so as to make
peace between this spirit and all things manifested on the face of the Earth"