[Dovecot] auth problem with dovecot-1.0.beta5

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Sun Apr 9 01:16:57 EEST 2006

On Saturday 2006-April-08 16:55, Alan McKay wrote:
> Unfortunately I still can't get it going :-/
>
> First thing I noticed is that --with-shadow does not appear to be
> working on my FreeBSD 6.0 system.  Here is what I built with :

I don't know why it's building properly, but see also the thread from
earlier this week (last week for Mark):

From: Mark Davies <mark at mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
Subject: [Dovecot] plain auth problem with beta4
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:50:44 +1200

He posted a followup with a patch. I'm using that successfully for
PLAIN mechanism and shadow passdb (Slackware Linux.)

> Which brings me to my next question : is there a "latest stable"
> release?  I didn't see anything obvious on the website.

Uh, yes and no. Beta 5 is probably what you want. The old "stable"
0.99's are much different, and unmaintained at this point. Timo was
calling it "alpha" for a long time, until people here pressured him to
call it a beta. :)