[Dovecot] Dovecot's as server based and mail filters and addressbooks holder?

Sysadmin sysadmin at e-positive.ee
Sun Apr 9 12:24:37 EEST 2006

Tere.

> Dovecot already has a LDA (local delivery agent) that supports SIEVE
> for server-side filtering (works great, I'll have it installed on the
> new server I'm building).  This has nothing to do with IMAP, though;
> that is just a way to access e-mail.
How do You manage these server side filters?

> LDAP isn't that hard to set up and it is pretty much globally
> supported, so trying to shoehorn this into IMAP is not a great idea.
Actually LDAP isn't so easy set up or manage. Personally I cant use ldap
connection in office, as port is closed. And this is lately very common,
actually in most government offices only ports 80 and 443 and true proxy
server are open from inside to outside.

--
Sysadmin