[Dovecot] dspam plugin

Ryan Kolak ryank at rkware.com
Tue Apr 11 08:32:08 EEST 2006

Hey everyone.. been struggling with building a mailserver and i'm almost
done. One of the last pieces is integrating dovecot with dspam so that I'm
users can train their spam filters easily (sieve filtering is the last
piece left.. that should be interesting.. lol)

Anyway, I think i found an issue with memory allocation, and I'm not sure
if its due to changes to the code base or if its a 64 bit memory issue.

When i try to move a message into or out of the spam folder, it fails, and
with debugging on, there are strange entries in the syslog.

Added a few more debugging statements, and I get the following showing up:

Apr 11 00:04:41 uberserver imap: found signature 443b336a271581061887518
Apr 11 00:04:41 uberserver imap: working with signature (<E4>Z
Apr 11 00:04:41 uberserver imap: in call dspam
Apr 11 00:04:41 uberserver imap: /usr/bin/dspam --source=error --stdout
- --class=spam --signature=(<E4>Z
Apr 11 00:04:41 uberserver dspam[1361]: Unable to determine the
destination user
Apr 11 00:04:41 uberserver dspam[1361]: DSPAM agent misconfigured: aborting

The line with the correct signature showing up is simply outputing
'signature' after:

        signature = mail_get_first_header(mail, SIGHEADERLINE);

The 'working with signature' that shows the corrupted signature is right
before call_dspam is called, and it outputs siglist->sig:

        syslog(LOG_INFO, "working with signature %s ", siglist->sig );
        if ((*enh_error = call_dspam (siglist->sig, is_spam))) {

This leads me to believe that there's a problem with:

    list_append(listpool, &siglist)->sig = p_strdup(listpool, signature);

but I'm really not sure how dovecot deals with allocating pooled memory,
as that's what it appears to be doing.

I'm not sure what information might be useful to anyone in helping me look
into this and the searches i've been able to do have been unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

- --
PGP Fingerprint - E15C CC7D 5830 AB8A C2AE 5C5E 80D8 6B63 D40B 015C