[Dovecot] IMAPS - timeout while moving mails

Peter Lindgren peter at norrskenkonsult.com
Tue Apr 11 22:15:03 EEST 2006

Petar Bogdanovic wrote:

> Is somebody maybe experiencing something similar?

Yes, I have experienced it while moving between two IMAP mailboxes,
using Thunderbird 1.01.
The target mailbox was IMAPS on a small (not to say tiny) server 1.0beta3,
my workstation has 768 MB RAM.

I could nail it down to a few specific mails that TB couldn't move without hanging.
They weren't especially large, 20-30 kbyte, but they all had HTML attachement IIRC.

Perhaps it's a TB problem, not a dovecot problem? When I was using the Windows
platform, I used a program called Becky!. http://www.rimarts.co.jp/becky.htm
I couldn't try the same move operation with Becky!, but I have gained a large (huge)
amount of confidence for that program. Try it (30 days evaluation, then you have a
nag screen). There's a mailing list for Becky!, I can dig up the address for you,
just mail me off-list.

/Peter
--
Peter Lindgren, dataingenjör
E-post: peter "at" norrskenkonsult punkt com