[Dovecot] dspam plugin

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Wed Apr 12 03:41:16 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 17:51 -0500, Ryan Kolak wrote:

> I've isolated the problem to one line of code, but I'm not really sure why
> its breaking, any light anyone can shed on this would be really
> appreciated. I still have yet to determine if 64bit could have anything to
> do with it (unlikely, since the code looks similar to other dovecot pool
> allocations) or if the plugin is somehow not compatiable with the CVS
> version.

You compiled it against that version, so the latter is highly unlikely.
If you're compiling the plugin against a different version and trying to
use the binary, there's a chance that is the problem, but other than
that...

> I changed the following line of code:
>
>  202         list_append(listpool, &siglist)->sig = p_strdup(listpool,
> signature);
>
> to :
>
>         list_append(listpool, &siglist);
>         siglist->sig = p_strdup(listpool, signature);
> #ifdef DEBUG
>         syslog(LOG_INFO, "stored %s into siglist, value is %s ",
> signature, siglist->sig );
> #endif
>
> And I'm seeing the following in my syslog:
>
> Apr 11 14:53:50 uberserver imap: stored 443b702a6341804284693 into
> siglist, value is <F8><E3>Z
> Apr 11 14:53:50 uberserver imap: working with  signature <F8><E3>Z
> Apr 11 14:53:50 uberserver imap: in call dspam
> Apr 11 14:53:50 uberserver imap: /usr/bin/dspam --source=error --stdout
> - --class=spam --signature=<F8><E3>Z

That's very odd. I have no idea what is causing this. Can you run in
valgrind (do you have valgrind for 64 bits?)

johannes