[Dovecot] 1.0.beta6 released

Timothy White dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st
Wed Apr 12 14:18:36 EEST 2006

> Perhaps an alternative is to have some way to signal the master process
> to re-exec itself when its binary has been replaced. Sounds tricky
> though, especially as would need to grab all the open pipes somehow.

IIRC, doing an exec, passes all fd's to the new process, which
/should/ include pipes I think. But that's just something I picked up
from using some other software, and it's been a long time since I
coded C, so don't quote me! ;-)

Still, having old code running sounds a little dodgy...

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956