[Dovecot] strip domains

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Apr 12 17:36:50 EEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 16:24 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 17:17 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
> > # Username formatting before it's looked up from databases. You can use
> > # the standard variables here, eg. %Lu would lowercase the username or
> > # %n would drop away the domain if it was given. This translation is
> > # done after auth_username_translation changes.
> > #auth_username_format =
>
> Wouldn't it be better to do it the other way around, and have it default
> to auth_username_format = %u@%n or something? OTOH, that need special
> handling of a trailing @ character (if %n is empty) or a new %X variable
> that is "@%n" or ""...

I think I'm doing it the way you want, but you just misunderstood the
explanation. %u means username with domain, %n means the username
without domain and %d is only the domain. I updated the comment to
contain one more example:

# Username formatting before it's looked up from databases. You can use
# the standard variables here, eg. %Lu would lowercase the username, %n would
# drop away the domain if it was given, or "%n-AT-%d" would change the '@' into
# "-AT-". This translation is done after auth_username_translation changes.
#auth_username_format =

The default could be set as %u in there, but I didn't add it because
then it would uselessly do a bit more work. The empty default just means
that it doesn't do any changes.