[Dovecot] strip domains

Peter Hessler phessler at theapt.org
Wed Apr 12 20:34:08 EEST 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:17:37 +0300
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

: On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 09:48 -0400, Michael Baird wrote:
: > I don't
: > know why there is so much resistance to supporting functionality that is
: > mostly a standard feature with other pop3/imap servers, and which also
: > makes it *much* easier to migrate to dovecot from other solutions which
: > support the domain stripping.
:
: I don't remember having seen all that much requests for this feature.
: Perhaps lately several people have asked for it, but for the last 3
: years there haven't been all that many people.

I only use this feature during the first 2 weeks or so of migrating
from some other pop3/imap server to dovecot.  After that, I can make
everyone fix their logins.  Very useful when the CEO is traveling while
I'm changing the mail server.

--
Don't say "yes" until I finish talking.
		-- Darryl F. Zanuck