[Dovecot] LDA Questions

Peter Fern dovecot at obfusc8.org
Thu Apr 13 08:12:38 EEST 2006

Timothy White wrote:

>On 4/13/06, Peter Fern <dovecot at obfusc8.org> wrote:
>

>>Actually, me too - I'd like to use it to drop spam into a specific
>>folder globally for use with the dspam plugin, but still allow users to
>>have their own sieve filters in place.
>>

>This was exactly what I was wanting to use it for ;-)
>
>How does it work currently? What sieve script do you currently use?
>
>I assume the DSPAM plug only runs when a message is moved in or out of
>the folder, via imap, not via lda.

Sorry for the direct reply Tim, too many lists, forget which ones munge
and which don't.

So let me just reiterrate for the list - I'd like this feature too :).
Thinking about it, it may not be necessary for my setup, but it might
not be a bad idea to have an enforcable filter.

Currently I'm not using the plugin, mainly for this reason, partly also
because it seemed to have a couple of bugs though these are apparently
fixed, however Johannes' site seems to have gone offline.

I did have a thought on how to work with this in my setup though - I
allow people to edit their sieve scripts using INGO from the Horde
project, though they could concievably do so from shell for those who
have access.  What I was thinking of doing was having this default sieve
script, and also duplicating the rules in the INGO default filters via
prefs.php.  Then, when they go to edit their filters, the existing rules
are also displayed, allowing them to continue using them once their user
sieve script is initialised, or indeed 'opt-out' of the default
filtering if they'd prefer to handle their spam some other way.  The
only problem with that is working out the crazy horde prefs syntax to
add a rule to the defaults:

$_prefs['rules'] = array(
    'value' =>
'a:4:{i:0;a:2:{s:4:"name";s:9:"Whitelist";s:6:"action";i:' .
INGO_STORAGE_ACTION_WHITELIST .
';}i:1;a:3:{s:4:"name";s:8:"Vacation";s:6:"action";i:' .
INGO_STORAGE_ACTION_VACATION .
';s:7:"disable";b:1;}i:2;a:2:{s:4:"name";s:9:"Blacklist";s:6:"action";i:'
. INGO_STORAGE_ACTION_BLACKLIST .
';}i:3;a:2:{s:4:"name";s:7:"Forward";s:6:"action";i:' .
INGO_STORAGE_ACTION_FORWARD . ';}}',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit'
);

And yes - it's only when messages are moved in/out via imap that they
get passed to DSPAM.