[Dovecot] unofficial Survey about your Dovecot server :) to compare with my own server setup...

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 13 11:58:22 EEST 2006

> > Combined with filesystem quotas that are necessary for us this produces
> > some problems when the quota is reached. Basically dovecot stops working
> > at that point.
>
> Surely you have indexeses placed at somewhere else than in users home
> directory which is quota restricted?
>
> Placing indexes on their own LUN instead having them in mail spool gives
> you also a nice performance boost.

Like I said, we're not using indexes at the moment, not on our webmail
service at least. With beta4 (or maybe 3) we were still seeing problems
which cause bad information inside webmail. So indexes are not involved.
This may have been fixed in later betas, we'll give it a go again soon.

When we do use indexes we use a seperate filesystem.

Cor

--
http://underwa.ter.net