[Dovecot] unofficial Survey about your Dovecot server :) to compare with my own server setup...

Netlink Tech tech at netlinkcom.com
Thu Apr 13 13:52:37 EEST 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Flavio Domingos wrote:

> Hi Borthers/Sisters
>
> Thanks for all the developer(s) and for all the hard work spent on build this
> great piece of software! I loved Dovecot since it is really easy to set up
> and really fast but I am really new to it (only 2 weeks and half). Right now,
> our server configuration is:
>
> Server: Apple Xserve G5 dual
> RAM: 4GB
> Number of Users: ~ 150 IMAP only users
> Authentication: LDAP
> Mailboxes sizes: ~200GB
> Dovecot version: 1.0 Beta 5  (I am looking forward to beta 7 that was
> released today)
> Email client software: mostly Thunderbird 1.5
<snip>

Server: Dell PowerEdge Dual Xeon 3.2GHz EMT64 running Fedora Core 5
RAM: 4GB
Disk: SATA RAID 5 ~400GB
Number of Users: ~1000 POP users (occasional imap/squirrelmail).
Authentication: PAM
Mailbox sizes: < 100MB each
Dovecot version: 1.0.beta3
Email clients software: mostly Outlook Express, and various others.

This machine also runs
sendmail/MailScanner/spamassassin/clamav/bitdefender,
webmail/squirrelmail, radius, etc.