[Dovecot] unofficial Survey about your Dovecot server :) to compare with my own server setup...

Todd Vierling tv at duh.org
Thu Apr 13 23:03:42 EEST 2006

Server: NetBSD/i386 2.1, AMD K6-2 450MHz
RAM: 256MiB
Number of Users: ~20
Authentication: passwd
Mailboxes sizes: 2.5GiB (total, all users, maildir format)
Dovecot version: 1.0-nightly (updated ~biweekly; currently 20060328)
Email client software: pine, mutt, Thunderbird, Outlook, OE

Also running on the box:  Insanely complex custom sendmail milter in perl,
spamassassin & spamass-milter, clamav, plus non-mail stuff

Yeah, so I only have a dozen-plus users, so I can get away with a
not-so-powerful box.  Even so, my e-mail addresses have been around long
enough that well more than 90% of inbound mail attempts are spam rejected by
one or more of the filters before delivery, making for a rather hot-running
sendmail process tree....  ;)