[Dovecot] dovecot died

Luis Meléndez luism at uco.es
Sun Apr 16 16:44:02 EEST 2006

Hi
In a short period of time, we had some (and different) problems that
were solved restarting Dovecot. Killing the process 'dovecot' and
restarting it again takes less than 1 second, and it doesn't kill
the running sessions, so I set up a cron job that restarted it every
couple of hours, without disturbing users.
Yo can do it once a day (in the night, for example) and don't run
any risk.

Regards.