[Dovecot] hard link between courierimapuiddb and dovecot-uidlist?

Jeff Tucker jeff at jltnet.com
Mon Apr 17 03:06:09 EEST 2006

Hi, guys.

I'm attempting to transition between Courier IMAP and Dovecot. I may not
be able to transition all the courierimapuiddb files instantly or even
transition all my servers at the same time. Ideally, it wouldn't matter.
Users can login and get to a Courier IMAP machine or a Dovecot machine
and read their email (all mounted via NFS).

My question is: is there any reason I can't just do a hard link between
courierimapuiddb and dovecot-uidlist? That way, I can transition users
over to Dovecot at my leisure. And, if I need to, I can move back to
Courier. The hard link is essentially free and lets me make sure these
files stay synced.

Thanks
Jeff