[Dovecot] SASL bind for LDAP

Geert Jansen geert at boskant.nl
Mon Apr 17 16:09:07 EEST 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 23:02 +0100, Geert Jansen wrote:
>
>> would it be possible to add support for SASL binds to dovecot's LDAP
>> userdb/passdb? This would be a nice feature as it would allow the use of
>> SASL EXTERNAL binds to a local LDAP server, thereby removing the need
>> for storing clear-text passwords in configuration files.
>>

> It's already possible with 1.0beta1 and later.

[re-send of previous unreadable MIME message]

Hi Timo,

thanks for your answer. Can you explain how to enable SASL binds for
LDAP in beta1 and onwards? I looked through the source and found no
reference to SASL. In fact, I even created a patch which I've been using
since a while and seems to work quite nicely. It is attached to this email.

Regards,
Geert