[Dovecot] Unoffical Survey - What MTA/Spam filtering do you use?

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Tue Apr 18 03:10:12 EEST 2006

Marc Perkel wrote:
> I like this unofficial survey of hardware but wondering what MTA and

I must admit I'm quite surprised (and pleased!:) by the number of responses this
has generated.

> spam filtering everyone is using. I do front end spam filtering for
> other servers as well. (junkemailfilter.com)

We have a very basic approach, using SpamHaus and SpamCop RBLs on Sendmail,
along with some mail body regex rules.  This delivers to our internal server,
which is Postfix running on the same box as Dovecot.

That little X1 is hammering along running Postfix, Dovecot, Samba, CUPS, and
Apache.  Not a bad effort for such a cheap box :)

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net